top of page

Procedure to get Residence Certificate in Milan

You have moved to Italy for studies or for work, just received your Permesso di Soggiorno (Residence permit) but now you need to start applying for all the other documentation you might need in near future. One of these documents that you might need is the Residence Certificate (Certificato di Residenza).

The Anagrafe keeps a record of all of its residents. Anyone with proof of their residence can register at the Anagrafe. This record, which includes your personal information, such as your name, country of origin, date of birth, and residential address, must be kept up to date. If your residential address changes, you must update your record at the Anagrafe within 20 days of moving.

PLEASE NOTE: for non-EU students who wish to stay and work in Milano after their studies it is strongly suggested to apply for your residence in Milano as soon as possible and in any case before the student visa expiration date, since it is mandatory before applying for the conversion of your student residence permit into a work permit.

2: Create the account here and confirm your email address. Once in, fill in the 5-page form.

Note: Keep your house contract handy, you will have to fill in a lot of details from the contract here, this information is usually on the Agenzia Entrata registration receipt.

You will receive an email with a confirmation receipt, this might take a little bit of time.

3: Almost after a month or so (this compeltely changes case to case, sometimes they come next week and sometimes they take almost a month or so), an official will come to your place early morning to verify your house condition and to confirm the residence. He will ask you some questions and verify your identity.

4: Your certificate when ready will be uploaded on the same portal where you applied in step 1. Visit the portal and download the certificate. The date you download your certificate on, you will need to buy a Marca da Bollo of the same date to be able to use the certificate officially anywhere else. So make sure you get the Marca the Bollo on the same date no matter what.

That's it. One document down a few more to go :D.


Related Posts

See All

Procedure to get your German Work Visa in Italy

Before we start, let me clarify one thing, I am not working for any office or consultancy. I write these blogs from my own experiences of going through these procedures, I know the pain and frustratio

1 Comment

Apr 12

Thanks for your information

I have a question, we are 3 persons living in a house, but 6 people have residenca on our current home (previous tenants do not cancel their residenca) what we should do now?

because I have heard the tax on waste depends on the number of people who have residenca on that address.

Thanks for your help in advance.

bottom of page